How to Tie Hair Tinsel. As a professional hairstylist, I have seen a lot of trends come and go. Some stay for a while and some disappear as fast as they came. But one trend that has been gaining popularity in recent years is hair tinsel. Hair tinsel is a fun and easy way to add some sparkle to your hair, and it’s perfect for special occasions or just to add a little something extra to your everyday look. In this article, I’ll guide you through the process of how to tie Hair Tinsel like a pro.
Benefits of Hair Tinsel
Hair tinsel is a great way to add some sparkle to your hair without damaging it. Unlike other hair accessories, such as hair extensions or hair clips, hair tinsel is lightweight and won’t pull or tug on your hair. It’s also easy to remove, so you can switch up your look whenever you want.
Another benefit of hair tinsel is that it comes in a variety of colors, so you can choose the shade that best matches your hair color or go for something bold and different. It’s also a great way to add dimension to your hair without committing to a full-dye job.
Types of Hair Tinsel
There are two main types of hair tinsel: synthetic and natural. Synthetic hair tinsel is made from a type of plastic called polyethylene terephthalate (PET), which is safe for use in hair. It’s available in a wide range of colors and is more affordable than natural hair tinsel.
Natural hair tinsel, on the other hand, is made from real hair. It’s available in a more limited range of colors, but it looks more natural than synthetic hair tinsel. It’s also more expensive than synthetic hair tinsel.
Tools Needed to Tie Hair Tinsel
To tie hair tinsel, you’ll need a few tools:
- Hair tinsel
- A crochet hook or latch hook
- Hair clips
- A spray bottle filled with water
- Hair elastics
- A comb
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Tie Hair Tinsel
- Begin by washing and drying your hair. You want your hair to be clean and free of any product buildup before you start tying in the tinsel.
- Divide your hair into small sections using the comb and hair clips. The smaller the sections, the easier it will be to tie in the tinsel.
- Take a piece of hair tinsel and fold it in half. Hold the folded end with your fingers and use the crochet hook or latch hook to pull the folded end through a small section of hair near the roots.
- Once you’ve pulled the folded end through the section of hair, take the two loose ends of the tinsel and pull them through the folded end, creating a knot.
- Secure the knot by tying it into a simple knot with the hair. You can do this by using a hair elastic or tying it into a knot with another piece of hair.
- Repeat steps 3-5 with the remaining sections of hair until you’ve tied in all the tinsel you want.
- Use the spray bottle to mist your hair with water. This will help to set the tinsel in place and make it easier to style.
Tips for Tying Hair Tinsel Like a Pro
- Use small sections of hair to tie in the tinsel. This will make it easier to tie in the tinsel and create a more natural look.
- Choose tinsel colors that complement your hair color. If you have dark hair, go for darker tinsel colors. If you have lighter hair, go for lighter tinsel colors.
- Don’t tie the tinsel too tightly. You want it to be secure, but not so tight that it pulls on your hair.
- If you’re having trouble tying in the tinsel, try using a crochet hook or latch hook to pull the tinsel through the hair.
Styling Options for Hair Tinsel
Once you’ve tied in the tinsel, you can style your hair as you normally would. You can curl it, straighten it, or put it up in a ponytail or bun. The tinsel will add some sparkle to your hair and make your style stand out.
Removing Hair Tinsel
Removing hair tinsel is easy. Simply untie the knots and pull the tinsel out. If you have trouble untying the knots, try using scissors to cut them out.
Frequently Asked Questions About Hair Tinsel
A: Hair tinsel can last for a few days to a few weeks, depending on how well you take care of it.
A: Yes, you can still wash your hair with tinsel in it. Just be gentle when you’re shampooing and conditioning your hair.
A: Yes, you can tie in hair tinsel yourself. Just follow the step-by-step guide above.
Hair tinsel is a fun and easy way to add some sparkle to your hair. It’s easy to tie in, and there are a variety of colors to choose from. Follow the tips and tricks above to tie in your tinsel like a pro, and have fun experimenting with different styles and colors.